Window Display Contest Downtown Arcata
Downtown Arcata stores and businesses have created stunning window displays, and 21 of them have entered a friendly contest to see who's is the BEST!!!
We'll add photos of each window to this event before Arts! Arcata begins (Dec. 9, 5pm), then you can "like" your favorite(s) up until 10pm, Sunday Dec. 11.
A separate panel will also judge each window with more detailed criteria.
We have winners for the Holiday Window Display Contest! There were actually two parts to the window competition this year.
The Facebook vote clearly went to:
- ZEN for their snowy, rustic scene
- then MIA BELLA CUPCAKES
- and the ART CENTER’s Disco Polar Bears
The panel of seven judges, scrutinizing and discussing every detail, awarded 6 winners for their interpretation of the Season of Wonder & Light:
- Zen - Most Beautiful
- Daisy Drygoods - Strongest Vision
- Fabric Temptations - Creative Use of Materials
- Hensel’s Cook n' Sugar - Most Playful
- Hits and Kicks - Rookie Award
- Belle Starr - Most Elegant Use of Natural Materials
Winners received a bottle of Prosecco from Libation, a custom framed award, and big cred from the downtown community.
The judges this year were Mark Larson (photographer..thank you), Sydney Larson, Bob Doran, Susan Ornelas, Leslie Quinn, Eve Miller, and Katie Whiteside.
See more photos and details on Facebook