Arcata Holiday Open House
Arcata Main Street, local businesses, and members of our community come together every year in the heart of historic Arcata for the PLAZA CEREMONY of WONDER & LIGHT and the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Join us for -
- Kathe Lyth's Redwood Coast Choir with songs of peace & joy
- Stories by Paul Woodland
- Blessings of the season by Bryan Jessop
- Live music & more
- Local cookies and cider from Arcata Main Street and Wildberries Marketplace.
SANTA & MRS CLAUS arrive at 6pm!
- take pictures and get your candy cane!
- FREE Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides around the Plaza
- Add your wishes to the Community Wish Tree with the help of our stilt walkers!
- Ugly Holiday Sweater decorating with SCRAP Humboldt
- Sign-ups for the Ugly Holiday Sweater Run from 4-7 PM.
Downtown stores are staying open late - check out all the Holiday Window displays and enjoy refreshments.
Toss your Spare Change into jars at participating stores throughout the month to benefit Arcata House Partnership.
Everyone is invited to downtown Arcata to enjoy holiday sights, sounds, and cheer throughout the month. Don't miss caroling and various the activiites during Arts! Arcata on Dec. 9th, too!
In case of rain, we'll go in Jacoby's Storehouse.