Arts! Arcata Hosting Information
Interested in being a part of Arts! Arcata? We gladly offer local artists, musicians, and businesses the opportunity to participate and there is no charge to be included in our marketing.
- SHOW INFORMATION FORM - Fill out this form out or ask to be on our email list to receive reminders. Call us at (707) 822-4500 if you have questions.
- CONNECT WITH OTHERS - To facilitate venues, artists, musicians and non-profit organizations finding each other to produce shows, we created a group page on Facebook where participants can share what they are looking for. Go to that page, ask to join and we'll let you in. Don't do Facebook? Give us a call or fill in the contact form and we'll see if we can help.
- WINE POURING - Venues and non-profit organizations - you need to have an ABC permit if you plan to pour wine. Stores can not pour or sell wine themselves - it has to be a non-profit organization asking for donations. It's up to the venues and the non-profit to arrange who buys the wine and pays for the $25 permit. Download this ABC permit/ form and submit it at least 1-2 weeks prior to the event at Eureka's ABC Office, with your check.
We send a complete list with all the venues' basic details (just the facts, ma'am) every month to:
- The Mad River Union (email@example.com)
- North Coast Journal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Times-Standard (email@example.com)
PHOTOS - We need at least one or two high -res photos for the editors to choose from. We do not currently write or forward press releases for individual shows, so please send those directly.
Need help writing your press release? We have a professor-writer on hand to assist, no charge. Plus we have contact info for other publications and media.
We then post the list and whatever beautiful, comprehensive information you send us to our Arts! Arcata social media pages in the days/weeks prior to the event.
Please let us know if you have other questions; we hope you join us and explore the full potential of this monthly arts celebration.
Dates and Deadlines:
Mark your calendars and get your info in on time ! Late efforts tend to create errors and omissions.